Monday, September 27, 2010

I knew this would happen eventually

Determined to make banana nut bread, another missionary and I skipped half a block over to the local tienda to buy some flour.  All of the merchandise lies behind a counter so you have to tell the attendant what you need.  Well, although we looked it up minutes before, I forgot already and asked the nice lady if they had any orina.  She gave me the look.  I knew immediately what I had said.  "I mean HARINA! HARINA!  Lo siento."  She just chuckled as she pulled out the different kinds of flour for us to chose from.  Both of these words are now ingrained in our memories for ever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...did you turn red? :) And maybe leave a little orina in your pants? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Oh Michele, how becoming a mom can affect one's sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Michele! I have been faithfully checking your blog for an updated...but alas....update, girl!

    ReplyDelete